Castilla La Mancha
Cookies are always a good idea, and today we switch chocolate chips for almonds, a touch of lemon and La Española Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil. ¡A gluten-free, super easy recipe that you can make in only 30 mins!
Serves14 - 16
Preparation time15 minutes
Cooking time15 minutes
- 200 g ground almonds
- 100 g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp La Española Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 14-16 blanched almonds
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C, Gas Mark 4 and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the ground almonds, sugar, lemon zest and salt in a bowl and stir to combine. Beat together the egg and La Española Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Pour over the mixture in the bowl and stir until combined.
- Take tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet, press a blanched almond into the top of each biscuit.
- Cook for 15 minutes until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack, when cool dust with a little icing sugar.