This Spanish summer salad is delicious eaten on its own with crusty bread or as an accompaniment to grilled fish or meat
Preparation time10 minutes
Cooking time20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 500 g tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds removed and diced
- 1 large green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch of cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Soak the onion in water, leave for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber and pepper in a bowl and stir in the drained onions.
- Place the garlic in a mortar with a pinch of cumin and a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil and pound until you have a paste.
- In another small bowl mix the rest of the olive oil with the vinegar and add the garlic paste and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled with crusty bread or as a side dish for fish.