Ginger cookies are one of the most popular Christmas recipes. You can find them in the shape of a gingerbread doll, but you can make them in many different shapes using cookie cutters.
● 275 g wheat flour
● 75 g brown sugar
● 2 teaspoons ginger powder
● 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
● 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
● 1 pinch of salt
● In a bowl add the flour, ginger powder, ground cinnamon, pinch of salt.
● Add the brown sugar and extra virgin olive oil.
● Mix with a spatula
Knead with your hands to form a smooth ball of dough.
Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
● Stretch between two baking papers to a thickness of about 5 mm.
● Cut the biscuits with a cookie cutter.
● Arrange the biscuits on a baking tray.
● Bake 180º C 10 - 15 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
● Sprinkle with icing sugar